This learning situation integrates the mathematical notions through a well known phenomenon: the motion of an object in free fall
The adult learner will get the chance to learn about Newtons law of universal gravitation. First, he / she will use experimental data in order to find the gravitational acceleration due to the gravitational pull of the Earth. Then compare the result with the one obtained with Newtons algebraic model. Analysing the data will allow the adult learner to understand if this model can be applied to other cases.
In order to reinvest competencies, the adult learner will use the same concept to find the gravitational acceleration on the moon. The notion of zero-gravity will lead the student to translate into mathematical language the curve graphed by free falling objects with an initial velocity.
- Use of information and communications technologies (ICT)
- Manipulate mathematical expressions related to science fields
- Use scientific notation and graphic calculator
- Convert units of measures
- Observe, interpret and represent a second degree function
This LS could be given at midcourse.
Entre 3 h et 9 h / Travail individuel / Travail d'équipe
INTÉGRATION DES TIC
S'informer / Soutenir la métacognition